Professional “s” are the classic knives for the professional kitchen. The knives are made of proprietary special formula steel that has been perfected for over 280 years. Combined with zwilling’s signature ice-hardening technique, these friodur blades are harder, sharper, they will not stain or chip and they retain their sharpness longer. honed and hand-finished by the most skilled artisans, the knives’ laser-controlled edge is incredibly sharp. The sturdy bolster provides the right balance and acts as a finger guard. Precision-forged from a single piece of solid steel, these three rivet handle knives deliver optimum balance and safe handling. Professional chefs worldwide trust the tradition and quality of these impressive knives.
This set supplies a cook with a variety of cutting edges and a solid hardwood block to store them in. The set consists of an 8-inch chef’s knife, a 5-inch hollow-edge santoku, a 5-inch serrated utility knife, and a 3-inch paring knife. A 9-inch sharpening steel keeps their edges in order, and a pair of kitchen shears to snip herbs, flowers, or string is also included. Everything stores neatly in the attractive natural hardwood block. Classic three-rivet handles distinguish Pro S from Henckels’s other quality knives. That makes Pro S handles heavier and knives less weight-forward. Handles are also smaller, which those with small hands might appreciate. Except for fully forged blades less than 6 inches long, such as the paring and utility knives in this set, the blades and bolsters of Henckels’s first-rate cutlery lines are formed by a high-tech welding process that combines three high-carbon, stainless-steel types into what appears to be a single piece so a knife’s parts have distinct, desirable characteristics. All pieces in the set carry a lifetime warranty against defects.–Fred Brack
From the Manufacturer
|The J.A. Henckels Twin Professional S (or Pro S) knife series features trustworthy quality and classic three-rivet styling–its a line of knives admired by both professional chefs and home cooks of all skill levels. The Twin Pro S line contains knives for all tasks, including the following open stock knife types: parer, bread, peeling, sandwich, utility, carving, steak, chefs, Granton edge slicer, santoku, and others. Twin Pro S knives are also available in a range of block sets and gift sets, to be sure that your cutlery needs are covered.|
A Reliable Standard in Knife Construction
Twin Pro S knives are precision forged from a single piece of exclusive-formula, high-carbon, no-stain steel under the all-new Sigmaforge standard. As a result, Twin Pro S knives have improved quality consistency, lasting sharpness, and perfect geometry. Sigmaforge one-piece construction also provides high precision and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness. In addition, Twin Pro S knives use J.A. Henckelss Friodur ice hardening for corrosion resistance, a process that also contributes to cutting-edge retention .
An Ergonomic Handle for Easier Use
|J.A. Henckelss Twin Pro S knives boast a comfortable, ergonomic three-rivet handle design that wont wear against the hand and helps to provide control when doing any cutting task. These durable Novodur handles are perfectly bonded to the full tang on each knife for stability and durability. The impeccably balanced super bolster provides weight and adds balance for safer and more professional cutting.|
- Sigmaforge one-piece precision-forged construction: Provides perfect geometry, high precision, and improved stability of the blade and steel structure, thus improving cutting-edge retention for lasting sharpness.
- Laser-controlled edge: Is sharper and stays sharper longer. Has a more consistent blade angle.
- Friodur ice hardening: Maximum no-stain properties and more blade strength. Improved resistance to corrosion and pitting.
- Super bolster: Provides weight, insures safety, and adds balance.
- Full visible tang construction: Provides proper balance and greater strength.
- High-carbon no-stain steel, an exclusive J.A. Henckels formula: Nonstaining, nonrusting.
- Precision honed: Is sharper and stays sharper longer.
- Triple-riveted Novodur handles: Durable, strong, and smooth, these comfortable handles are perfectly balanced.
- Dishwasher-safe: Easy care (though hand washing is recommended by J.A. Henckels).
- Full warranty: J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives.
3 inch parer, 5 inch serrated utility, 5 inch hollow edge santoku, 8 inch chef’s
Kitchen shears, 9 inch steel, hardwood block
Friodur ice hardened stainless steel blades
Black synthetic, three rivet full tang handles. Edge angle 15 degree on each side (10 degree on Santoku’s)
Lifetime warranty against defects